Thursday, July 11, 2013

~thrifty thursday~{a frame turned into a tray}

I found this picture frame in the "as-is" clearance section at TJ Maxx. It was marked down to $20.00. I thought the shape was interesting and I loved the crackled finish. I bought it, then it sat, and sat, and sat. Finally I decided to get it out and do something with it.


The last thing I needed was something else for the wall, {I am running out of wall space!} so I decided to turn it into a tray.
The first thing I did was add handles. I used some vintage drawer pulls, but you could get clever with rope, etc.




Then I found this cool image on the "http://www.graphicsfairy-diy.com/2013/06/french-typography-transfer-patisserie.html">Graphics Fairy website, and printed it out onto card stock.



I put that behind the glass and sealed it back up.

On the bottom I added little cork "feet" so it wouldn't damage a tabletop.


And here it is all finished:






xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment