Thursday, December 12, 2013

~thrifty thursday~{creating holiday wall art}

Today's project would be a great gift idea for the game lover.
Scrabble imparticular.
I came up with this project because I had a frame laying around, but the glass was broken, and I didn't know what to do with it.
I decided to make something seasonal for our holiday house walk tour, so this is what I came up with.

You will need the following:

A frame with no glass
a piece of card stock or foam core {I used white foam core}
scrabble pieces
strong glue
a ruler or tape measure, and
a pencil



You will want to come up with a simple sentence or saying and lay it out ahead of time on your
counter to make sure it will fit in your frame.

I chose, "Merry Christmas to you" and my frame opening was 11x17.

Cut your foam core or card stock to fit inside your frame. Remember, no glass.
To measure in-between each letter, I used a pencil for even spacing.
In-between the words, I used a ruler.
And I used a colored pencil box to make sure it was straight on the left hand side when I started.
You can use anything that works for your frame size. This is just what I had on hand.




I let mine dry overnight and then it's ready to hang!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment