Friday, March 28, 2014

~help for Oso~ {& a Starbucks winner}

The following is from my friend and neighbor Patricia:


As a small business owner, because I don't answer to anyone but myself, I can make a choice to do a lot of things that larger businesses can't. I've been so very fortunate in life - it hasn't always been easy, but God has always provided for me and my family. As a little girl, I remember going door to door for the Jerry Lewis Telethon for MD. I would show up at our local TV station, walk across the set and dump my bucket of money into the pail. It made me feel so good. As an adult, I've been on the receiving end of help from the Red Cross. On 9/11/01, my cousin was one of the victims of the attack on the World Trade Center. The Red Cross contacted me to see if I needed assistance in traveling to NYC for his funeral. While I declined, I was in awe that this foundation reached out to our family. I've had the opportunity to raise money for the Red Cross in other ways - hurricane/tornado assistance, blood drives, etc. I've always tried to help when someone approaches me for a donation for an auction or to help out an orphanage in Africa. I LOVE to help people. It's in my nature. I don't do it for the accolades, I do it because it feels good and it's the right thing for me to do.

Last Saturday, 30 miles away from my home, there was a horrific landslide - the recovery of many bodies is still ongoing. As I have listened to the stories of the victims, I am again reminded of 9/11. The amazing people who are gone too soon. How can I help??? The only thing I know that I can do is ask you to help me help them. I haven't figured out what I'm going to do yet, but this FRIDAY, March 28, I will be donating a portion of my sales to be donated to the Red Cross for assistance to those people of this small town, Oso, WA as they try to put their lives back together again. I don't want you to think that I'm trying to bolster my sales - as a friend said, God knows what's in my heart.

Will you help me shed a bit of sunshine on this little town?

Here's what I'm doing . . . 


OSO FUNDRAISER . . . Let's start this today, through the weekend. 30% OF ALL MY SALES will be donated to the Red Cross for the people of Oso, WA. The need is urgent. Read on . . . 

I spent part of the day yesterday listening to stories coming out of the area. They are in desperate need of so many things - right now the focus is on recovery and the firefighters, the National Guard, and the relatives and friends of those lost are in need of simple supplies. I know that whatever we raise will be put to good use, however it is allocated.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can't wait to see how love grows here. 


http://tippystockton.com/category/all.htm


It's tough to see any natural disaster, but when it hits this close to home it tears you apart even more.
Thank you Patricia for offering to help.
This truly is a tragedy. 


On a lighter note, I would like to announce the winner of the $50.00 Starbucks gift card:

The writer of the blog, 
Congratulations, watch for an email coming your way.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment