Thursday, June 26, 2014

~thrifty Thursday~{a ballard designs knockoff}

Do you want to see how I made this sign:


From this:


 I found this piece of a kids lemonade stand 
{I think} 
for $10 at a thrift store.

What I envisioned for this piece was 3 signs. 
A three for one if you will.

So, I brought it home and cut the sections apart on my chop saw.

Using the largest square section I set out to create a sign I saw in the Ballard Designs catalog. 
I recently was sent some of these cool appliqués to try out from Efex USA.


I had just enough to go around the frame of my piece. 
I really liked this material because it cuts with scissors and is totally bendable. 
I cut and then glued it down with liquid nails, clamped, and let dry.


After painting it all out, I added the lettering and sanded and waxed the whole piece.
I love how the appliqué creates an illusion of carved wood.



I also added a bit of liming wax to the cream paint
on the trim to give it an even more vintage look.


I will show you soon where I hung it in my house!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment