Thursday, July 31, 2014

~thrifty thursday~{a fairy garden chair}

What happens when one of your beloved Restoration Hardware
 dining chairs seat caning
blows out? 

You cry a little, then you get over it and turn it into garden art.
A fairy garden to be exact.


Start with any chair that has no seat.
At your home improvement center pick up a basket liner that looks like this and that will fit the opening of your chair.


Using a staple gun, staple it in place.



Add potting soil and plant with your favorite flowers.
I used lavender and a ton of succulents.
I think the succulents are perfect for this project.
At this point you can leave it as is, or to turn it into a fairy garden, continue on…..


I wanted to hang a little sign from the chair, so I painted these words on a piece of chippy old wood I had. Hang it from twine for a rustic garden feel.



Now you can start to add in little fairy furniture if you wish.
I added a little wire chair and table, and miniature log fence pieces.
I added a fairy as well but I thought it cheapened the look, so I took her out.


 Tuck the furniture in here and there for a "secret garden" look.
I found all my furniture at a craft store.
I am sure you could look in the kids section at thrift stores and find some great things, or perhaps you have some old dollhouse furniture?


 Make sure you have plants that trail down over the sides, this looks best 
and gives it the look that it's not newly planted.




And that is it!
This will be available for sale at the French Flea Market this Saturday.
Hope to see you there!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment