Thursday, August 7, 2014

~thrifty thursday~{painted canoe paddles}

If you are like me, you have piles and piles of file folders filled with magazine pages and lots of design inspiration.

Well, I was cleaning out those file folders the other day and came across a photo of painted canoe paddles.

I got inspired because I just so happened to have recently picked up 3 wooden canoe paddles.

The picture I had were left plain wood and then painted in patterns. 
I decided to paint over the wood because I thought it was a bit orange.


So, I painted all 3 paddles with Annie Sloan Old White paint, then went to town with varying widths of painters tape.


I uses paint colors that I have used in my house as well as a few bright colors for fun.
{paint colors will be listed at bottom of this post}



After they were all painted, I sealed them with a coat of Annie Sloan clear wax.


These are a bit time consuming because of all the measuring and taping, 
but I think they are worth the time!
I cannot wait to display these in my home somewhere!




Paint colors used:
body: Annie Sloan Old White
Orange: Annie Sloan Barcelona Orange
Raspberry Red: custom mix
Black: Disney Mouse Ears
Blue: Behr Marine Magic
Dark Grey: Seal Martha Stewart
Grey Green: custom mix I used in our kitchen

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment