Thursday, November 20, 2014

~thrifty Thursday~{log slice pedestal}

This thrifty Thursday project a 2 year old can make~really.

All you need is a log slice

{if you don't have access to one, you can buy them at craft stores}

and a thick branch, or tiny tree stump.


You can rest the slice on top, or use liquid nails or another strong glue, and let set up overnight.
Pretty simple and basic right?


Would you like to see how I used mine in a rustic outdoor table scape?
I created a little chocolate party for the kids.
Chocolate muffins, chocolate chips, milk, and all the smores fixings.


I know I am jumping way ahead with Christmas decor before Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't resist.


I've been collecting these vintage Santa mugs for years.
Pottery Barn sells new ones if you can't find old ones.


Each person got a plate with a bowl filled with 
chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows.


The eat drink be merry napkins I got on etsy years ago and they are no longer being sold.



Plenty of milk to wash down all that chocolate!



If you are dining outdoors this time of year, a nice touch is to 
add blankets to each chair to keep your guests warm and cozy.



Yes, my tree is up inside :)


On either side of the centerpiece I placed two birch logs that are actually little mini fire pits from Home Depot. 
It not only adds warmth, but is quite handy while making smores!



Lights on the house are slowly but surely going up too!





Phew, that was a lot of photos!
Here is some links if you'd like to create a similar outdoor tables cape.

Blankets found here, here, here, and here.
Santa mugs found here.
Cup holder found here.
Birch fire pit found here.
Ornaments found here.
Lantern {old} similar here.
Straws found here.

To see how I made the table, click here.

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment