Monday, December 22, 2014

~8 delicious holiday cookie recipes~

Tis the season for holiday baking!
Making Christmas cookies is one of my favorite things to do, and for the first time this year we spent one whole day making cookies to gift to friends.

It was so fun and they turned out so cute, I thought I'd share them with you in case you want to make them all, or just some.


I wrapped them up in white boxes from the restaurant supply store. 
In between the layers of cookies inside, and again on the top, I cut down these paper placemats.
You could also use parchment paper inside and scrapbook paper on top.
I tied the top with twine and added a little sprig of cedar.
I also added the recipe cards.
Not because I think so highly of my cooking skills, but more in case people have allergies and need to see whats in them.
At the very last minute I added a candy cane to the top, drove around and delivered them to my friends!
It was a fun day baking with the kids and it really only took one full afternoon. 
A lot of these recipes have chill times in the fridge, so it allows you to get started on others while they are chilling.



And just in case you wanted to do something similar, I've created the recipe cards for you as well. All you have to do is right click on them and save them to your computer, then insert them into a word document.
{or copy and paste in a word doc}

For reference, I made my recipe cards 3 1/2 x 5 and printed them on card stock.
The paper place mats I cut down to 7 1/2 x 5.









Happy baking!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment