Thursday, January 22, 2015

~thrifty Thursday~{designer placemats}

I have been wanting to do this project for a while.
I had leftover wallpaper from our kitchen nook and hallway, and I just couldn't let it go to waste.

This project is really simple.
All you need is some plastic placemats from the dollar store, wallpaper, scissors, and spray adhesive.

I picked up these placemats at the Dollar Tree.
Pretty huh? :)


Then I rolled out a section of wallpaper….


I flipped it over and traced each placemat onto the back with pencil.
Cut one out.


If you craft a lot, this is a must have product.
I use it for a lot of things.

Outdoors and in a protected area,
{this sprays everywhere}
spray the top of your ugly placemat covering the whole area and paying special attention to the edges.
Set aside and then do the same to the back of your wallpaper.
Set aside and let sit for about a minute.
While this is sitting, go ahead and cut your next wallpaper piece out.
The carefully working from one end to the other, smoothing as you go, adhere the two together.


That's it!
These only take a few minutes to make.
You can literally make them while dinner is cooking and have them ready by the time you sit down to eat.



The wallpaper I used is Schumacher Chenonceau
 and the beaded plates are from the Dollar Tree as well. The rest is thrifted ironstone.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment