Thursday, January 15, 2015

~thrifty Thursday~{heart sign}

I saw this sign recently and thought it was so cute,
 so I tried to recreate it in my own way, for way less money.

I started with some pieces of wood that I already had put together.
You could use pallet wood for this easily though.
In fact it was from this project, which I took apart.
You could say I repurposed a repurposed item!


To make the heart pattern, I taped several pieces of paper together and then folded it in half, and cut.


Using a pencil, trace around the edge of your heart pattern and discard.


Next up you will need to paint your heart.
I used a light grey chalk paint.
Let dry.
Obviously I was to impatient and took a photo of it while it was still wet.


Using 1 1/2" blue painters tape, tape off straight sections over the heart, evenly spaced.


Paint those areas with a cream colored paint, or the color of your choice.


Let dry and then remove tape.


This is the part where you can get really creative.
Using a pencil, hand draw on a quote, a poem, a saying, lyrics to a song, etc.
Don't worry about your penmanship, the more handwritten looking, the better!


Using a thin paint brush, go over the pencil with black paint.


When it is all dry, you can lightly sand over the whole heart to distress it a bit.


Because I had everything on hand, this project didn't cost me a dime.
I love FREE projects, don't you?


Have a great day!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment