Friday, March 6, 2015

~a dog bed make under~

I went into Goodwill the other day to look for a large picture frame.
I came out with a ugly dog bed.
Let me explain.
If you have little tiny dogs, the choices for beds is endless.
Cute little fluffy things, purses to carry them in, etc.
But for large dogs, I have found it hard to find cute bedding ideas.
So, even though this "basket" was a gross orangey color, I bought it anyway.
At $12.99 I knew I could do something with it.


The photo below is kind of fuzzy, but it shows an Ikea basket I have, 
which is the color I envisioned for the dog bed.


I really had no idea what I was doing, but I got out 3 paints that looked close to the inspiration basket, and watered them all down very thin in three separate containers.


Using a foam brush, I layered on the watery colors one at a time until I got the desired color.


After it dried, I added a kilim rug while the dog bed was in the wash.


Here are the two side by side again, pretty close!



Harley couldn't wait to try it out.
Perfect size!


And here's the puppy, Oakley, patiently waiting his turn.


I think I won't be so quick to pass up ugly orange baskets in the future.
Happy Friday!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment