Wednesday, March 11, 2015

~basement refresh~

Do you have a room in your house that becomes a catch all for everything?
Our poor basement has seen better days, and I am FINALLY ready to do something about it! 

This room will take on the life as a giant mud room, where we can come in from the car, or lake, and kick off our shoes or grab a fishing pole.
It will house all of our sports equipment and extra winter jackets.
I am craving the organization!
I am still in the planning process, but here's some photos I have been looking at that are getting me in the mood. All are from my "basement" Pinterest board.

This room is going to have more color than the rest of the house.


I'd love to find a wood bench and paint it like this.


The color yellow will make an appearance.


 And, if there is room, I will be making a freestanding coat rack similar to this.


The photo below is what started it all.
I love everything about it.


I also ordered 2 giant canvas', 35x50. 
I found this company, canvas pop, that will make any size you want from any resolution!
These two canvas' will take up almost one whole wall. 
The one below is my grandparents.


And this one is my father in law {on the right} and one of his brothers.


When I get started, I will be sure to take you along with me, showing you all my projects and progress!
In the meantime, for little sneak peeks, you can follow me on instagram right here.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment