Thursday, April 23, 2015

~eat your veggies~{yummy squash recipe}

Even though we hiked and walked a ton in Hawaii each day, I still managed to pack on the pounds thanks to pina coladas and fabulous local food.
I don't like to "diet" on vacation, I like to enjoy the local cuisine and sample a little of this and a little of that, and if I want a cocktail at 10 am by the pool, no ones stopping me!
With that being said, it does feel good to be back home and cooking healthier foods.
I do feel better when I eat healthy.
With little time for dinner last night, I whipped this up and it was so good, so I am going to share it with you.


All I did was cut a spaghetti squash in half and scooped out the seeds.
Then I brushed on olive oil and placed face down on a baking dish and cooked for 40 minutes at 375 degrees.
While that was baking I sautéed fresh spinach, diced onion, and garlic in a bit of olive oil.
When the squash is done baking, fill the centers with the spinach mixture and top with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.


Enjoy!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment