Monday, April 13, 2015

~ funky sports topped trophy bottles~

All this week, and a little into next, I will be vacationing with friends and family in Hawaii.
BUT, I wouldn't leave you without a week full of projects and fun stuff!
If you would like to follow along on my vacation on instagram, you can do so here. 
Ok, onto todays funky project!

This project was so fun.
I kinda went crazy with color here because it is such a funky project.
I don't know what you would call these, so I am calling them sports topped trophy bottles.


Gather bottles with corks.
You can find these at thrift stores sometimes, or you can buy them for under $4.00 at places like TJ Maxx. 


When I was at the Farm Chicks antique show last year I stumbled upon these.
At the time I didn't know what I would do with them, but thought they were
 too cool and unique to not buy. 
So glad I did. 


I started by pre-drilling holes into the center of each cork stopper.


When you are spray painting things like this, use a piece of floral foam. 
The base sticks right in and they stand upright so you can coat the whole piece at one time.
As you can see, I've used this block of foam before to paint something black.
Spray several thin layers of spray paint until you have a even coat.
Then when they are dry simply screw into your pre-drilled holes.


I plan on displaying these in our basement when it is finished 
{haven't even started yet!}






I cannot wait to find more bottles so I can use up the rest!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment