Thursday, April 16, 2015

~thrifty thursday~{designer layered picture frames}

Don't ya love a good knock off?
I have been in love with John Robshaw fabrics for a while now.
Gorgeous, but expensive.
So, my goal was to get a little John into my home without going broke.
That is when I started googling his fabric images.




To make these frames simply copy and paste any of the fabric images onto a word document making them 8x8.
Print them out onto card stock, it is easier to work with.
Then follow this tutorial on how to get it onto the $1 Michaels picture frames below.


Next up I used this 12x12 wood piece that I got at my local craft store on sale for $5.99,
 originally $9.99.


You can paint them any color to coordinate with your "fabric"
I chose Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore.
Let dry then lightly sand the edges for a worn look.


Then the next step was easy.
Using velcro 
{so it's easy to swap the photos out}
I simply attached the picture frame to the wood piece.




xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment