Wednesday, July 1, 2015

~who's ready for a little fireworks DIY?~

Who's ready for the Fourth Of July?
We are getting there.
I am putting some finishing touches on a few things, but it's looking mighty patriotic around here!
Be sure to come back Friday as I have a HUGE reveal of a project we've been working on.
Cannot wait to show you!

Now, who's ready to make some cute little boxes for your fireworks?


I started out with a bunch of wood out of a house being torn down.
If you don't have old wood you could always use new and paint it.
OR, you can buy a pre made box :)
I started with my bottom piece and cut the sides on 45 degree angles to fit around it, 
then nailed in place.





Once I was finished I painted on some wording.
You could use stencils or free hand.
I thought snap crackle & pop would be cute for all the fireworks.


For this one I used empty Starbucks bottles and filled them with sparklers.
Adding the word sparkle seemed fitting.


After I painted on the letters I roughed them up a bit with sandpaper.




Just a reminder to stop back by here Friday for a HUGE reveal!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment