Thursday, May 8, 2014

~kitchen sources~

Thank you for all of your kind comments on our kitchen!
It was great having a deadline, it really pushed me hard.

This post will be all about sources, where you can buy some of the things in our kitchen, as well as paint colors, etc.

If I leave something out please remind me in the comment section.

Ok, here we go! 
I got these 2 pendant lights from Kenroy Home.
You can find them here.


We needed two because of the size of our island, however, because the ceiling above the island is a giant skylight, we could only have one outlet up there. 

So, we bought $30 worth of pipes from the hardware store, a little spray paint, and made our 2 pendants go into one!


The roman shades you see on the two windows were made by this talented lady.
I picked out my fabric, linen, and liner fabric, and shipped it to her in Virginia.
She was so easy and professional to work with, and quick! 
I highly recommend Windows By Melissa.

My talented mother made my bar stool seat cushions. 
She is so good and took her time to make these perfect.
Thanks Mom!
The fabric can be found here.
{in grey}

The clock is also from Ikea, although I swiped it out of my sons room!


The walls are Ben Moore Revere Pewter {eggshell}
The trim is Annie Sloan pure white.
The cabinets and stools are Ben Moore White Dove {satin} with Annie Sloan clear wax over the top.
The pantry doors and island are a custom mix.
Please see formula below:



The rug can be purchased here:


Had to add this Harley photo bomb!


The 2 sconces on either side of the sink are from Lamps Plus.
Direct link here.
I love the exposed edison bulbs.

And even better, they are on sale for $50 with free shipping!

The beveled marble subway tile was a splurge but so worth it.
It is from Home Depot.


Speaking of marble, I am in love with my bianco marble counters!

I worked with Ann from Absolute Marble and Granite in Kirkland Washington.
She pretty much had to hold my hand the whole way through the process because I knew nothing about marble and had to convince my husband that marble was a good idea.

So, needless to say, I would refer her in a second to anyone.
Please email her if you have questions about new counters, or need a bid.
We were able to do counters, the baking niche, and desk area for a really reasonable price.



The little baking niche is my favorite.
I took a chance and had it wallpapered Schumacher's Chenonceau.


I found a wonderful local gal who does such professional work.
There is no way I was going to try and hang this expensive wallpaper myself.
She was fantastic to work with and only charged $35 an hour~a steal!
Her website is here.
Thank you Janet for all your help and hard work!
Love the wallpaper.

The black brackets are from Lowe's and the thick wood shelves 
were a big chunk of wood I found in a free pile and cut to size.


I was super excited to find this huge vintage dough bowl at a garage sale for $3.00.
It is perfect for holding fruit on the counter.
And to make it even cuter, this wood pedestal from Haystack Home in Kirkland Washington makes it even more special.


Thanks to my parents for letting me pick all their lilacs :)


To tie in with the rustic wood shelves in the niche, I ordered some favorite family photos to be framed in barn wood frames.
They are from Minted, one of my favorite companies ever!
The ones I ordered are called "the big picture"


The box under the microwave was one of my thrifty Thursday projects.
You can find the details here.
All I did to update it was to paint it to match the island and pantry doors.

My little office/blogging corner has always been a area that I never knew what to do with.
It has changed many times, but now, oh now I love it.
Adding cabinetry was exactly what this space needed. The marble desk surface is gorgeous and I now have a place for everything.
In fact, I have so much storage that those cabinets are currently empty!


I also got this Morgan silverware from Birch Lane. You can find it by clicking the link below:



I feel like such a grown up having matching pieces, ha ha!



Also, it hasn't arrived yet, but I ordered a new espresso machine!
I had one years ago and I loved it. When it finally died I went without, but I cannot wait to start making my own lattes again!

You can find the espresso machine here.




I want to also give a huge thank you to my friends Jill and Holly who put up with my many design text message questions. 
I trust these two and value their opinions more than anything, so having them holding my hand so to speak along the way has been a huge help and I am very grateful for them! 

Thank you also, all of you, for following along the way.
I think I am going to go take a nap now…..
for a week straight. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment