Tuesday, July 9, 2013

~let there be light~{paint that paneling!}



There's always that big debate on whether to paint wood or not.We lived with cedar walls and ceilings in our living room for about 10 years before I talked my husband into letting me paint them. There were many debates back and forth and finally we agreed that if I painted the walls, the ceiling had to stay. In the end, I am actually happy we left the ceiling wood. Not only would it have been a huge pain to paint, but I like the contrast and it cozies up the room.
Once the walls were painted, all the lodge style furniture seemed really out of place. So, out went the leather couch and pine furniture. In came the slipcovered sofa, lots of lamps, and some lighter furnishings. I sold the chandelier to a neighbor and bought the Pottery Barn one to replace it.
The picture on the top was taken in 2008. The picture on the bottom was taken yesterday.
You can see what a difference the lighter walls make. By the way, the color is Oatmeal by Ralph Lauren.
The room feels so much brighter, even in the dead of winter.



What do you think? Do you prefer wood to be left alone, or painted?


Also, I wanted to let you know about 2 new courses that are available for the Creatively Made Summer Series! The first one you can view
here, and



The second one you can find here!



I'm off to go soak up some sunshine!
Have a great day!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment