Tuesday, August 20, 2013

~how our chore chart calendar is working out~

I first blogged about this chalkboard here. School
had just got out and I was looking for a way to get the kids to do
daily jobs without me nagging at them constantly.


{photo credit:Christine of Trimood Photography}

Now summer is nearing an end, so I thought I'd update you on how well this worked for our kiddos.

First off~they were not thrilled about it. However, they knew that before they did anything fun on any given day, their jobs had to be done,
and I'd say 90% of the time this happened.


For me personally, I have felt a whole lot of weight lifted not having to get on their case all the time about cleaning,
picking up, or what not.


As far as the calendar portion goes. Love, love, love it.
Every activity is right in front of your face, so no asking,
"what are we doing tomorrow?"


Another great thing~ when I get bored of it, a quick coat of paint will bring my wall back to how they looked originally!
Not sure if I will be keeping the "jobs" portion of it up when school starts. Our nights will be filling quickly with sports, dinner, and homework.
But, we will see!


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment