Thursday, August 1, 2013

~Thrifty Thursday~

Today I want to show you how I made a statement piece for the mantle in the upcoming Four Weddings TV show on TLC.
This wedding was done on a budget, and when I say budget, I mean, almost no money.
So, I had to get crafty and make a lot of things out of things I already had.
Here we go:
How to make a Mr. and Mrs. sign
{or any wording you'd like}


First of all, I purchased the Mr. and Mrs. letters from this sweet gal.
She is the best, truly. Her prices are reasonable and her work is phenomenal.


Then I started looking around for BIG pieces of wood to mount them on. That is when I remembered
I had a big section of fence that I snagged from my neighbor when they were tearing it down.
You can see other projects I did with the same fence, here, here,




Then I found a old window frame in my stash with the perfect white chippy paint and nailed that onto the fence boards.



I spray painted the letters white.......


And while that was drying got out my supplies: a ruler, blue painters tape, and strong glue.


After the letters had dried, I used the painters tape and ruler to ensure the letters were straight. Double check with a tape measure as well.




Glue the letters down and let dry.
Done.


I leaned it up on the mantle and added log rounds from my neighbors wood pile, mason jars with flowers from the garden, books from my stash, and candles from my mother in law. I told you this was done on a budget!







xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment