Thursday, June 12, 2014

~garden pallet wall clock~{thrifty thursday DIY}

This is a fun pallet project.
It combines my love of rustic weathered pallets and gardening.

First though, I would like to say hi to my first grade school teacher Mrs. Heckendorn who apparently reads my blog every morning with her coffee.
Susan, I love you!! 

Ok, are you ready to learn how to make your own?


You will need an old pallet. I am lucky enough to have a place near me that always has a pile of them for free. So I went there and picked out the most weathered one I could find and wrangled it into the back of my sequoia. 


Then you will need to cut it into a circle with a jigsaw.
Mine is approx. 40" diameter. 
I attached a string to the very center and then using the string and pencil I 
 marked 20" out all the way around, and cut out on the line.


The back of my piece was super rickety so I attached a 2x2 to the back with 
a nail gun to secure.


Next up you will need 12 old rusty garden tools.
I got a couple at a thrift store and found the rest at The Farm Chicks this past weekend.
I am certain you can find these at garage sales for way less than I paid per tool.
Mine ranged between $3.00-$10.00 each.


Lay everything out and when you think it looks good, screw them into place.


Obviously this is not a functional clock, but I am sure you could easily do that if you wanted too.


I think the rustier and chippier the tools are, the better. 
I especially love the ones with the faded colors.


And it's a perfect addition to my potting bench!


Have a great day! 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment