Friday, October 24, 2014

~country living house~{a before & after}

A couple years ago now I had the opportunity to help with a magazine shoot for Country Living.
You can read the article here.
It was so fun to see the way they styled it, and I always think it's interesting to see if the homeowners keep everything the way it was styled.

Well, the homeowner just so happens to be a friend of mine, and I went back recently and took some photos to share with you.

The photos on the left are from the Country Living shoot, the photos on the right are the way it looks today.

In the dining room the homeowner has changed out her table and chairs and added back this sign {that I made!} It was taken out for the photo shoot because this picture was actually on the cover of the magazine and they needed it to be blank for the text.


Things here stayed pretty much the same.
 Country Living added some curtains that are no longer up.


The large clock that the homeowners made is still up and the same chair is there.
Just a few accessories were changed out.


This cool chalk lettering was actually up for the photo shoot but was photoshopped out.
I love it!


I love the way they styled the fireplace mantel in the master bedroom.
Again, Country Living shot on the left, my shot on the right.


And just because I thought you might want to see a bit more of this gorgeous house,
 here is their movie room.
I think it is my favorite room in the whole house.


Love how the bar cart in the dining room is styled.


This leopard stair runner was recently added, love, love, love.


The kitchen was not featured in the magazine.
Here is just a glimpse.


The patina on these lockers is amazing.


And I love how the homeowner clips branches from the yard for a fall display.


Looking into the kitchen.


Gas fireplace for those chilly Seattle seasons.


And in the kids loft, this cabinet she had built just for this space.


Isn't it fabulous?
She really has a eye for design.
Happy Friday friends!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment