Friday, February 7, 2014

~ DIY ribbon covered Valentine's box~{& a winner}

I have a really simple project for you today that is perfect not only for Valentines Day, but for birthdays, mothers day, etc. 

I am sure you have all seen this little cardboard type boxes at your local craft shop right?


They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, even heart shaped ones.
I thought these were perfect for my son's teacher and bus driver to show a little love this 
Valentines Day.

Here is how I fancied them up a bit…..

I started by using adhesive backed ribbon by Martha Stewart.
I love all her products, and I love that this is actual ribbon.
You could use washi tape for this project as well if you prefer.

I simply covered the lids of the boxes with the ribbon until every inch was covered. 
{sorry, I got carried away and didn't get a picture along the way}

For the bottoms of the boxes I chose some coordinating scrapbook paper, 
measured, and simply glued on.

I love this green heart paper.
Here are my strips for the side of the round box. 


On the round box I ran short on paper, so I used more ribbon tape and clamped the whole thing until 
the glue was dry.


To finish off the corners on the small rectangular box, I used the ribbon again.


I also finished off the bottom of each box and the under side of each lid. 


Each box got tissue and some heart shaped brownies, recipe coming soon!


 I found this great giant fabric flower in just the right
 color and added it to the top of the big round one.





I myself love getting homemade gifts, and I hope they will love these too.

I also wanted to announce the winner of the Hamilton Beach durathon iron.

Dixie Delights is the lucky winner!

Congratulations on your win, I will be emailing you shortly.

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment