Saturday, February 8, 2014

~watercolor Valentines in a few easy steps~

I thought of several titles for this post:

How to fake being an artist
Pretend you are an artist when you aren't
How to make professional looking Valentines for under 37 cents each

Whatever you want to call this, it's super cool, and super easy. 
The steps might sound long and confusing, but if I can do it, you can do it!

First off. 
You will need {the app} 

This app. is for iPhone iPod, or iPad.
If you follow me on instagram, you will be familiar with this app.
I love it!

The first thing you want to do is find some FREE printable images.
Please make sure these are copyright free.
I found some on Pinterest, and various blogs offering them.

Not every photo will look good with this waterlogue app. 
I tried about 30 before I came up with a dozen or so that I liked, so 
play around with it.

Make sure you have on hand:

watercolor paper, {any craft store should have it}
and a printer with full ink.

I found this cute image here.


I saved the image to my phone and turned it into a watercolor with the waterlouge app.
Here is how it turned out:


Cute right?
Love it! 
Next, I emailed the finished photo using the app.
Once I had the email up on my computer, I saved it to my computer.

Repeat this step with all your images.

Once you have all the images saved to your computer you can insert them into a word document and print them out on your watercolor paper.

It's that easy!

When you are in word, you might have to manipulate the size of the image and the direction it is going in order to get it to print correctly. Play around with printing a few on plain paper so if you mess up you don't waste the watercolor paper.

Ready to see some more? 
This image I found here.
I think it is my favorite.

{and darn it, I can't find the blue one anymore~sorry!}



The rest of the images I got from one of my favorite sites~

 The thing I love about the Wedding Chicks free printables is that you can customize them in a ton of different colors and add your own initials and wording.



 Here is the finished product of the first one I featured.

I got one image per sheet, but I suppose if you made the images {cards} smaller,
you could get a couple on a sheet.
I figured these came out to about 37 cents each.
Not too shabby if you ask me!

Have fun creating!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment