Wednesday, April 30, 2014

~ORC~{week 5}

Holy Moly, that's all I have to say.




I am going to make this short and sweet because I have to go right back to working.
It will be a miracle if I finish this in time! 

Let's take it day by day since the last updated post…….

Wednesday we ripped up the old granite tile counters. The came up surprisingly easy. 
I also had to empty the contents of all the cupboards which made my dining room look like an episode of hoarders.

Somewhere in there I got the crazy idea that I needed to plant my window boxes.




Thursday I sanded the rough drywall edges smooth where the new back splash will go, as well as in the nook area. I sanded and painted the skylight area that had the bad patch job. 
Then I painted all the trim work in the kitchen a bright white.
Oh, we also made a pipe contraption to hold 2 pendant lights above the island!


Friday the marble installers came.
I sat at my island and painted custom sign orders while they installed it.
Love, love, love it!
Why did I not do this sooner?


 That is the good news.


The bad news is  that my newly painted Annie Sloan Old White cabinets looked just that~OLD!
Old, dirty, and dingy next to the new marble.

So, I made the decision to RE PAINT all the cabinets in Ben Moore Dove White and I am so happy with it! Although, I might die if I have to paint anything again. 

{pic. below shows the original yellowy color on the drawer fronts and the dove white is on the doors}


I spent the entire day Saturday from 6 am to 9 pm sanding, priming, and painting.


 Sunday I painted the island the same green as the pantry doors.
{still wet in this photo}


Monday I had to wash all the dishes before putting them back in the cupboards because they had gotten so dusty from the construction. I think I must have washed 12 loads. Thank goodness for a dishwasher! 

Tuesday I painted our bar stools. 
Here is a before and after:

 I primed them with spray primer and then painted them with 3 coats of Dove White.
Luckily it was a sunny day and we also have a television outside, so I watched episode after episode of Investment Properties.

 The wallpaper also got installed in the nook!
I LOVE it!
Any suggestions for shelving? 


I still have a ton to do.
I sure wish I could get an extension…..
Ha, yeah right.
Keep your fingers crossed that I finish by next Wednesday!

To see everyone else's spaces click on the blogs below:



xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment