Wednesday, November 12, 2014

~an antique door in Savannah's room~

When we added on Savannah's bedroom to our house 10 years ago, one of the things I wanted to use was an antique door as her closet.
Over the years I have painted it many colors including pale pink, cream, and most recently, white.

But when I gave her room a little makeover this last time, I decided I wanted it to be bare wood.
I didn't use any messy paint strippers, I just sanded, sanded, and sanded some more.

I almost forgot to take a before picture.





I was going to use a liming wax over the top of it but decided to leave it as is and I think I love it this way. Which way do you prefer it?
Painted or raw wood?

*sign is from Between You And Me on Etsy*
For more details on this room, go here.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment