Thursday, July 10, 2014

~thrifty thursday~{pet feeder}

Today's thrifty Thursday project shows how you can make even the ugliest things pretty again. :)

I will be showing you how I made this cute dog food and water holder with a few pieces of trim and pine boards.


This is how it started out:


I started out by adding 1x6 pine boards to all 4 sides to give it a little more height and substance.


I then added trim pieces cut on 45 degree angles to all 4 sides as well. 


To finish it off I added more trim around the top.
Once all the wood was on I sanded any rough edges it had.


I painted it the same color as my kitchen island and pantry doors.
You can click here for the paint info.
Then I sealed it with Annie Sloan dark and clear wax, put the bowls back in and filled them up!




So much better wouldn't you say?

Tomorrow, Friday the 11th through Sunday the 13th my mom is having a HUGE fundraiser garage sale to raise money for her 3 day walk. All the proceeds will go to the cause. 
Dozens of families have donated incredible items, so if you live near the Seattle area, email me for directions!

Lakeliving4@yahoo.com

Happy thrifty Thursday friends!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment