Friday, July 25, 2014

~thrifty thursday~{on friday}

If you follow me on instagram you know that we had a small fire in our kitchen on Wednesday, which is why this post is coming a day late.

Thank goodness we were home and I was able to put the fire out fairly quickly with a fire extinguisher.
We had an electrician out yesterday and they said our new Bosch dishwasher was faulty, which is what started the fire. Our house still smells like smoke, but we are all ok and that is what matters.

Thank you for all your concerns and comments. 
My friend stopped by last night with these gorgeous flowers. They somehow brighten up our stinky damaged kitchen.


Because I have been so busy with this kitchen mess, I didn't go through and edit all the "how to" photos for this thrifty Thursday project.

Basically I went through my studio and found anything I could, wood, metal, etc. that resembled a letter, painted them white and aged them, and used liquid nails to attach them to a painted board or cupboard door.


I cut down dated but ornate picture frames, used floral appliqués, and door knobs, as well as other misc. goodies.


It was fun coming up with new uses for these objects that I've been collecting over the years.


If I couldn't find materials to make up a letter, I painted wooden letters that I already had.








I will be selling these, along with a ton of more, at the Haley's Cottage French Flea Market on August 2nd, in Kirkland Washington.
I hope to see all you locals there!



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment