Tuesday, December 2, 2014

~holiday home tour 2014~


Welcome to our holiday home tour! 
Thank you Jennifer Rizzo for inviting me back this year, and welcome, if you are coming from Craftburry Bush.

My husband, myself, and our 2 kids live on a small private lake near Seattle Washington.
Christmas is my very favorite time of the year.
I love traditions and I love creating new memories as well.

This is our great room.

I kept the table pretty simple this year.
I left out our blue and white pottery and added in some mercury glass candlesticks.
I just got these paper placemats from Linen and Boxwoods and thought they added a nice touch of Christmas red on the table.
We do a lot of baking during the holidays.
The kids and I just made these little gingerbread men.




In the corner is a new sign I just got from Between You And Me.


The little tree in the corner is a frosted frasier fir from Balsam Hill.
I've always wanted a flocked tree, and this one is gorgoues.




Off the dining room is the living room.
This is the room we hang out in the most as a family.
I added more colored mercury glass candle holders from Linen And Boxwoods on the coffee table.
I also hung fresh cedar garland on the banister.
I love the way it smells.


Our living room tree holds ornaments the kids have made since they were very little.
It also holds special family ornaments passed down to us, as well as fun ones the kids have picked out on their own over the years.
This tree is also from Balsam Hill.
It's called the Castle Peak Pine and it's 7 1/2' tall with candlelight LED lights.
I love how realistic their trees are.


I added a little bit more blue and white pottery to the console table, and some paperwhites.


The Oh Holy Night print as well as the antler print shown below are
 from Vol. 25.




I like to keep the kitchen pretty simple and clutter free.
I did add some white poinsettias to either side of the kitchen sink.




Our baking nook is all ready to make those holiday cookies.


For Santa of course.


Our son Cody who is almost 12 did not get a tree this year, as there just wasn't room. So to add a festive touch, I simply brought in red poinsettias and a boxwood wreath.
I did get him some new plaid flannel bedding for winter.
{Fred Meyer}
Duvet and shams are from Target. The faux fur throw is from World Market and the fur pillow is from Restoration Hardware.
Olive buckets from Decor Steals.


The living room chair had to get moved in here to make way for the tree in the living room.
I found this red leather ottoman at a thrift store last week for $3.99!


Our daughter Savannah is 16 and insisted on a real tree.
So I picked up this little 3' noble fir from the grocery store and placed it in a galvanized bucket.
Simple but sweet.



I was able to squeeze a tree into our master bedroom this year.
It is also from Balsam Hill, it's called their Nordmann Fir.



But my favorite part of the room is my new art from Rhonda Addison!
I decorated the room around this piece as it is stunning.


Rhonda photographs these herself and then enlarges them and gives them sparkle and bling.
I love these deer that were in her Montana backyard.
Please take a moment to check out her website here.



One of our labs, always sneaking up on the bed.


Our master bath got a few white bottle brush trees, and some bowls of silver and gold ornaments.


I hope you enjoyed our home tour!
Be sure to stop by Rusty Hinge, she's up next.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment