Thursday, May 14, 2015

~thrifty thursday~industrial pipe picture hanger

Do you remember when I showed you the picture of our tortoise shell?
Last weeks thrifty Thursday project.
Well, it bring up this question.
Do you have an unsightly outlet or switch plate that is somewhere you don't want it to be?
Short of doing some electrical work, it's got to stay.
This is the light switch to our dining room.
I have previously covered it up with different things, but it's been difficult to turn the light on and off.


Then one day, a light bulb went off!
If I had something that sat out a bit from the wall, enough to get my hand behind it, I could still place artwork here!


To make this you will need, two street 90 degree fitting {1/2"}
One 18" black iron pipe {1/2"}
Two 1/2" flanges
Two S hooks
Two lag tight eyelets
One can oil rubbed bronze spray paint.


It's pretty self explanatory how to put it all together.
You can spray paint your pieces before you put it together or after.
I did before and then touched up places after it was assembled.
Make sure your frame is wood so the eyelets screw in easily.


It sticks out just enough to slide your hand behind it to turn the lights on and off.
Why didn't I think of this sooner?




xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment