Monday, April 27, 2015

~inspire me diy project~

Dear projects,
You are piling up.
Sometimes I love working with you, other days I just want to sleep and forget all about you.
But then I get on Pinterest, or an idea pops in my head, and the lists get longer.
A promise to myself~I will finish projects I have already started, AND, I will tackle projects that have been on my brain for a while now.
Thank you Kennesha for kicking my booty into gear on this project.

Presenting Inspire Me DIY where 10 of us design bloggers will show you a project we have been neglecting or just wanting to get around to, in hopes to inspire
 you to check things off your to do list as well!


My project was not necessarily a "must do" but more of a "I've been wanting to do it"
project.

I like to switch things out with seasons, shocking I know.
Just coming home from vacationing in Hawaii and seeing all the gorgeous blues of the water and skies,  and all greys and tans of the sand, made me want to bring a little of that into my own home.
I had also been wanting to update my Ikea chair slips that I stenciled numbers on a while back.
So, I went out to my studio and pulled out all the blue and indigo colored fabric I had as well as any old tan grain sack material I had.


Then I went over to my moms to borrow her sewing machine because mine is on the fritz. I explained what I was doing and she pulled out this pair of pants from her sewing pile.
She bought them at a thrift shop for the fabric.
I swear, my mom is way hipper than this!
Not to be confused with hippier…..


The fabric was perfect! I began to cut up random sections of my fabrics and then sew them on.


No real rhyme or reason, but I did want the edges to be frayed so I left them raw.


I love the mix of the old and new fabrics.


The project took longer than I expected, but  I love how they turned out and I love that this project is now checked off the list!


Can you find the ugly pants in the picture below?
Much better on the chair right?



 This tan material was left over from another project.
It's vintage grain sack and I love the the old original stitching.
The polka dot piece below it is from another pair of jeans.


Are you running to your closet to survey all your jeans right now?
To see what the other bloggers are up too go 
here to view House Seven

here for Restoration House

here for This That And Life

here for Ms Craftburry bush

here for Thoughts From Alice

here for Simple Stylings

here for Through The Front Door

here for Migonis Home

and 

here for City Farmhouse


I hope we have inspired you!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment