Friday, January 3, 2014

~crockpot paleo cheeseburger soup~

If you are like me, and overdid it in the sweets dept. this holiday season,
you are probably in the market for some healthy food choices.

If you've been reading my blog awhile now, you know I love my crockpot.
{still using the same one we got on our wedding day 17 years ago!

Last night I made a delicious soup that is not only healthy, but very filling.



The recipe is from here~I made all these meals in late September and I am just now on the last one!

Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup
Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef, browned {I used turkey}
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped pepper
1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon pepper
3 cups beef broth {I used low sodium}
4 cups diced potatoes (I skipped, and you will want to if you are serving paelo)
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded. {I left this out and just sprinkled shredded cheese on top, about a 1/2 cup total.}

Directions:
Combine the beef, or turkey, onion, pepper, spices, tomatoes, broth and potatoes in bag.

Write on bag: ¼ cup flour (almond flour=Paleo), {I used whole wheat}
1 cup milk (almond milk for Paleo, which I used)
1. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
2. About 30 minutes before it is time to eat, combine the flour and milk. Whisk until no
lumps remain. Stir into soup. Add cheese and stir again. Cover and cook until soup is
thickened…about 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment