Friday, January 10, 2014

~toning down our log mantle~

On a whim yesterday I decided to "tone down" the log mantle in our living room.
It was looking a bit orange to me.

Here's the before:



I knew it had to be super subtle because my husband would freak otherwise, so I used this stain:


It's super subtle and I honestly don't think he will even notice.


I think it has the appearance now closer to driftwood.
Here's a side by side for comparison.
Sometimes it's the little things!
{and it took less than 5 minutes!}

Before on the left, after on the right.




xoxo


UPDATE TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS! NO I DID NO PREP! OUR MANTLE HAD A CLEAR COAT PUT ON IT WHEN WE HAD IT BUILT ABOUT 12 YEARS AGO, BUT ALL I DID WAS BRUSH IT ON AND WIPE IT OFF!
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM FOR MORE PHOTOS AND DETAILS! {LINK ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WITH ALL THE OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS}

No comments:

Post a Comment