Thursday, January 30, 2014

~thrifty thursday~{fabric scrap garland}

Recently my mom gave me a bag filled with vintage fabrics.


I was in the middle of making a different project with them {which I will share shortly} and decided to make a garland for Valentine's Day.
These are so easy, kids can make them. I feel silly even doing a tutorial. Basically you just tear strips of varying widths and lengths of fabric.
I also used some lace trim and ribbon on mine.



You can use any material for base. Twine, ribbon, cording. I had leather cording on hand, so that is what I used. I
tied it from one kitchen cupboard handle to one a few feet down and started randomly tying pieces on.



You can make it as full or as sparse as you'd like.
I made mine pretty full.





And there you have it!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment