Thursday, January 16, 2014

~thrifty thursday~

I almost walked right by these signs in the thrift store.
But something stopped me in my tracks. No, it wasn't the electric pink, but
it was the "bones" of these signs. Something that reminded me
of Sugarboo Designs, the way they were trimmed out.
So, I swiped them up and walked proudly out of the store!

Here they are in all their bright glory:



Here is what I did to make them a little more me.
First I painted the frame with Annie Sloan COCOA. Then I dry brushed on some grey stain.
Then I painted the inside with Annie Sloans pure white.



Ah, better already!
With Valentines day coming up I thought I'd make these all lovey dovey.

For the first one, I painted on a black X and O and then the word forever in deep red. Sanded the
whole piece down when it was dry to age it, and added a coat of Annie Sloan clear wax to finish it off!



The next one I added a favorite quote. I did this with my handy dandy rubber alphabet
stamps. It's not perfect, but I like the way the letters are a little wonky. What do you think?




And a little side by side action:


Much better wouldn't you say?
Lesson here is, don't pass things like this up, even if the color is burning your eyeballs!

On a personal note, my daughter Savannah is raising money for her relay for life team that she participates in every year. If anyone
would like to donate, even a dollar, pls. click here.

Here is her story:

My Reason to Relay
I relay for everyone who is going through cancer, everyone thats battling cancer at this very moment, and all the survivors out there. Everyday thousands of people loose there life and dont get to celebrate there next birthday. They dont get to see there kids grow up and experience everything amazing as we grow up. My goal is to raise $1,500. My aunt is a survivor and I know many other close family friends who have cancer. Lets end cancer and show it whos in charge. Please donate to my page and help save someones birthday and memories to come.

Thank you!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment